Wednesday, May 28, 2008

These are the Days!


Wow! I am learning so much! We are heading for the 2nd coming quicker than many realize! And I've learned more about the meaning of the "carnal security" it talks of in the Book of Mormon. In a broad sense, it means trusting in the arm of flesh, but more specifically it refers to the media - not portraying what really is, but trying to shape our perception of reality so that we think there is nothing wrong. Unfortunately, unless we awake to a sense of our awful situation, we will find ourselves in worse than just an awful situation.

I like this quote I found, and would recommend reading D&C 134!

The Church seeks for truth as its standard and stands for freedom of the individual, the rule of law, and for justice. Section 134 of the Doctrine and Covenants sets forth a Declaration of Belief concerning governments and laws in general [D&C 134]. The Declaration, written in 1835, contains principles that merit constant reference in weighing speeches, policies, and pamphlets of the day.
G. Homer Durham, “Q&A: Questions and Answers,” New Era, May 1971, 33

I love you all!

1 comment:

Elise said...

JJ-
Girl, oh how I have missed you! It has been too long since our times at Buena Vista. I assume you are returning to BYU-I and living with your angelic sister in the one and only Buena Vista. You will have to let me know what has gone in in your life these last few months and what you are planning for the future.
I was so exicted when I heard that you would be in the area -relatively- and I wish I could meet up with you and possibly KK. I am sad to say that I leave on Saturday the 30th to move to Mt. Vernon, Washington for a few months. I hope in the future we can have a Buena Vista reunion. Until then please stay in contact and give KK a huge hug for me.
Best of luck in your endeavors. Thank you for the amazing example you are to me. I love you.

-Elise